Monday, May 18, 2020

20 weeks of 2020

Another 40 mile week complete (40.06).  Looking at a bit of a mileage dip for the month, which is okay, as it will still probably be my 4th highest month ever. 

I've resigned myself to the fact that I won't be racing my goal 5K in August... and if somehow it becomes a possibility, I've at least abandoned the plan run 5K specific training in June and July. 

So, instead I signed up for a mileage challenge in June... need to run 309 km (192 miles) for the month.  This would tie what I ran in April (my highest mileage month).  I'll probably shoot for 200 miles to make it even and try to get a 60 mile week in there as well.  I'll keep the mileage building through July and then reassess...  If it looks like there will be racing in the fall, I'll cut back and do a bit of speed work in August,  race or time trial in September/October... they recover and start building again for 2021.  Eventually I need to break 20 in the 5K again... at this rate it might wind up happening in the middle of a training run.  

2021 is my target year at this point.  Build now... peak in 2021.

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:



1.  1560 (or 2020) miles run:  764.1  for the year (171.64 miles ahead of pace of 1560 but 3.06 behind pace for 2020... another 40 mile week in the back has me creeping back toward my A+ goal).


2.  5000 Pull ups: 1921 (22 ahead of pace) No pull ups for a while and my vaccine last Monday really screwed things up.  Should be okay to pick it back up this week.  

3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  2040 (141 ahead of pace)… I did nothing last week.  Nice to be ahead.  I'll hit it again very soon.


4.  50 hour stationary bike:  22:18 hours... Did a 38 minute workout last Thursday and a 46 minute workout this morning.  Today I kept the resistance lower (11) but upped the cadence (99).  I've been shirking on cadence but today felt good and easier on the muscles, which were tired from yesterdays long run.  

5.  Diet:  Due to social distancing, my kids and wife's dance classes have been on-hold but as things come back on-line we decided to have a family dance class instead.  I wasn't that enthused but decided to consider it x-training (plyometrics and stretching).  Dancing in front of a full mirror definitely opened my eyes that I have more pounds to shed... Not in a hurry to shed them but good to know I have future potential...  still think weight will be a big factor in getting faster.  On the other hand, I don't really feel like training hard and being hungry at the same time so dieting is still on hold.

6.  12500 Steps a day:  Barring something extremely unexpected coming up, I don't think I'm going to miss this one... I'll let you know if I do :)


No comments:

Post a Comment