Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Running free and feeling great

Yesterday I felt like crap and struggled my whole run.

Today I felt great.  Not sure if it was the side effects of the pneumonia shot wearing off, the 10 degrees of warmer temperature, the fact that I woke up at 5:30 instead of 3:30, or other unidentified variables...

I headed out the door for an easy run:  Totally ran by feel and hit the first five miles in 8:00, 8:05, 7:52, 7:53, & 7:48 with my HR in the 142 range...  things got a little dicey on mile 6 as I picked up the pace to 7:09, while tightening my sphincter ending with a quick pit stop at my office's storm cellar/bathroom to take care of some business.  The 7:38 for the final mile home.

My body felt great and my legs were moving easily.  Even my vaccination arm isn't quite as sore (although I couldn't do a pain free pull yet).  

Hit a relatively low number on the scale today too... probably within the margin of error of my standard weight but always good to see the number dropping...  If I listen to BMI I need to be down to 152.  This could be theoretically possible one day if I ever cut down to a temporarily but unsustainable race weight...  For now, I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and see where things wind up.



No comments:

Post a Comment