Friday, May 22, 2020

A new low


Not resulting from any particularly focused dietary action by myself, the numbers on the scale have been trending downward the last couple weeks.  I think the weight loss is a culmination of multiple factors:

  • I've been balancing my meal timing a bit better 
  • I have been controlling my portion size and not eating seconds at dinner
  • I haven't been snacking quite as hard when I get home from work 
  • I've cut back on the amount sweets and dessert  (i.e. one scoop of ice cream a few times a week vs a bowl every night)
  • I haven't hit the vending machines for afternoon candy bars for a long while
  • I've been running more miles than ever before and at a faster pace
Most of these factors have been not completely conscious... it seems that a lot of my cravings that used to drive some bad eating habits have subsided for the time.  The good thing about the fact that I'm not strictly dieting is that this should be somewhat sustainable for at least the medium term.  The key for me will be to continue the exercise and not get hurt.  

___________________________________________________________________________

Speaking of not getting hurt, I ran an "easy" 7 miles today at 7:35 pace... this is following my 6:53 effort yesterday.  I'm happy that that pace felt relatively easy (though definitely not recovery pace).  I'm happy that my body absorbed 9.3 miles at 6:53 pace and didn't feel totally beat the next day...  this was my 3rd time going sub 7 for a 15K workout and the first two times I was wiped out so I guess my body is adapting to the training (and the weight loss probably doesn't hurt either).

Todays run:

7.07 miles
53:40
7:35 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment