Monday, May 4, 2020

Week 18 (Month 4) in Review

Another week down and 50.46 more miles into the fitness bank.  

Another month down (April) with a PR of 190.38 miles (at 7:51 avg pace).  

Nothing specifically hurts right now which is the best I can say for a long time... while I'm not particularly fresh, I'm not particularly dead either. I've been getting my ass handed to me during training lately.  My competitive side wants to rest up a bit so I can hammer workouts harder.  Logically, I'm not sure.  Would I benefit from a bit of rest?  Would I benefit from digging a bit deeper on my workouts? …It would really be nice to have a race to quantify my fitness again and ease my nerves.  Just need to hang on, keep building, and listen to my body.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Cut my long run a bit short no Sunday... ran 8 miles at 7:34 pace with the last 2 miles around 7 minutes... then did 3 more miles at 8:30 pace for a total of 11.

Then rode 15 miles on my bike in the afternoon at a casual pace.  First time biking the Brimfield-Jubilee road in over a year and it felt really easy... really nice to be able to run 11 miles and not get too tired... Last year my longest run was 4.52 miles at this point of the year and that was tough at the time.

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:


1.  1560 (or 2020) miles run:  690.81  for the year (158.02 miles ahead of pace of 1560 and .91 ahead of pace for 2020)


2.  5000 Pull ups: 1819 (111 ahead of pace) kind of stalling out on these... not behind pace but not really gaining much.
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1930 (222 ahead of pace)… it's May so I put up 175 for this first time today 10, 9, 8 reps in 3 sets after warm up... first time struggling with the weight... we'll see how I'm doing at the end of the month.


4.  50 hour stationary bike:  18:42 hours... took today off after running and biking outside yesterday... seems kind of unfair that outside biking doesn't count but rules is rules... Still on pace anyway.

5.  Diet:  Dieting plans are done for the near future as long as I'm not gaining... hopefully the weight will slowly continue to come off... I realize that more weight loss will ultimately be required to reach my full potential but for now I'm feeling healthy and training well so I'll just leave it at that...

6.  12500 Steps a day:  686 days and counting... Garmin streak at 59 days



No comments:

Post a Comment