Monday, September 20, 2021

< 3 Weeks out

 Solid 17 miler on Sunday on a very hilly course.  I ran a loop I'd been eyeing for a while but didn't have the guts to try because of all the hills.  According to Strava it was 1000 ft total gain which is probably not a lot if you live in the mountains but is a ton when you live in central Illinois where it pretty much equates to constant rolling hills.

I didn't run particularly fast 8:13 average pace but it was also fairly easy.  I was squeezed for time because my daughter had a couple soccer games so I got out early, which was probably for the best because it wound up being a hot day.  

Heat didn't effect my run too much although I did stop after 16 miles for some water at the track.  After the water stop I contemplated running 2 more miles but as I got close to home I said screw it... 17 will do and took the easy route.  Could have run 18 no problem but I'm starting to get into the taper mentality.

Got another 7+ miles in this morning at 8:30 pace.  Also felt quite easy.  

I'm travelling for work again this week for a couple days which will probably result in a day or two off from running?  

We'll see though.  Don't plan on cutting mileage too much this week but with 20 more days to the marathon I'm not going to worry about pushing it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment