Friday, September 24, 2021

ITB BS

 Last night my IT bands were tight for the first time in a while and my hips were barking at me.  Not an unusual feeling as I've felt not quite right in these areas for years now but the last month or so they suddenly stopped bothering me and I thought maybe I've worked through it but last night it was back.  

Maybe just a culmination of a couple days off and then running hard?  Or driving in the car, running hard, and then sitting all day?  Feeling a bit better today at least.

Ran another 9 miles today at 7:55 pace.  Mostly just running easy.  Felt more normal than yesterday anyway.  Last thing I need is issues popping up when I'm getting ready to taper.  Technically I'm tapering already but I don't feel like I've trained all that hard that a full 3 weeks is required so it's more like a 2 week taper.  

It's finally getting cool but it's also staying dark.  To get in 9 miles before work I'm running my first mile in the dark pretty much.  leaving the house at 6:10 and not getting done to 7:20.  If I want to get more miles in I have to run faster to squeeze it in.  I'll be back on the treadmill soon and I'm dreading it... once I readjust it wont be bad but right now I can't even think about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment