Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Quick Check in

 Been too busy to post but wanted to at least check in.

Ended august with 229.35 miles and ran 64.58 miles last week which is .08 off my all time high.  

Ran 15.5 miles on Sunday at 7:53 pace through heat and then rain.

Took a much needed day off from running on Monday but instead woke up early drove 6 hours worked 6 hours then drove 6 hours home for the 2nd time in 3 weeks.   The travel is exhausting and resulted in me pacing around a rest area at 10:30 at night to get my steps in.

Yesterday (Tuesday) I ran 5 miles at 8:26 pace and felt like crap.

Today (Wednesday) I started off my run feeling like crap but eventually found a rhythm during the 5th mile and wound up doing 10.38 miles at 7:48 pace.  

The weather finally broke and it was in the lower 60s today but still humid.  Tomorrow is supposed to bein the 50s and I hope to really break one off for the first time in a while.

It starting to get light later in the morning as the days get shorter and it's about to start cramping my style.  I don't like running around town when it's dark but I'm going to have to figure something out at least through September because I don't have enough time to get in 10+ miles during the week unless I start at 6am or earlier.

I've been trying to keep up with my pull ups but the longer runs have really been squeezing me on time. I'm just trying to not fall to far off on pace and figure I will have to catch up once my marathon training is over.

Hopefully I'll post again tomorrow, brimming with excitement and confidence after a solid fast/long effort. 

No comments:

Post a Comment