Monday, March 30, 2020

Blowing in the wind - plus yearly goal update

Yesterday I checked the weather report for rain before going on my long run and the weather just showed wind.  No sun, no clouds, just wind.  Average wind of 25 mph with gust up to 38 mph.  

I took off with the wind at my back and cranked out 6 miles at sub 7:30 pace (2nd mile was 7 flat).  At mile 6 I started running into the wind and I slowed down to 8+ minute pace.  It was a struggle.  A few times I was blown to the side by a crosswind and running into the wind felt like running in place.  At one point going up a hill into the wind I was at near 10 minute pace with the heartrate at 160+.

I was miserable for miles... then it was over and I immediately shook it off.  Runners need short memories.  Also, this is the stuff that build's toughness... or something like that.

Finished off the week with 50.44 miles.  First 50 mile week in 10 years.  Assuming I get my run in on Tuesday I will also hit a monthly high.

Right now I'm feeling great which is making me nervous... figure its a matter of time before I injure myself/burn out/get sick, etc... Still very hard for me to hold myself back.  I'm going to get at least another 40 this week and then maybe its time to step the mileage down for 1 week. So far I have been very good about adding mileage conservatively and consistently.  So far it has paid off.  I must stay diligent.


Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:

1.  1560 miles run:  467.77  for the year (84.16 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 1313 (83 ahead of pace)…  these are getting easier and easier!
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1288  (58 ahead of pace)… more pushups this week plus 12, 12, 12 @ 155 today... next week I bump up to 165 on the bench as we enter a new month

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  14:32 hours... consistently hitting an hour a week plus.
5.  Diet:  Shooting for a no junk food April
6.  12500
Steps a day:  651 days and counting... Garmin streak at 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment