Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Run for the hills

First outdoor hill workout of the year.  Really nice to be outside in the mornings again, at least for the week before daylight savings shifts me back into morning darkness.

My hill workouts consist of running back and forth on a 1/2 mile stretch comprised of 2 hills.  I completed it 5 times for a total of 10 hills.  I run hard up the hills and coast down them for recovery.  This workout was more effort then I’ve expended in a workout for a while and mentally it was tough but I kept soldiering on and got through it.  I finished up the run with 2.5 miles of steady effort, post hill loop.

Total workout:
6.15 miles
45:06
7:20 pace

Highlights were a 7:06 2nd mile (1st mile of hillsX4),  7:21 3rd mile (2nd mile of hills),  6:48 last mile.

Also, elevation profiles of hill runs are fun... not sure how accurate my apple watch was but the overall effect is there.  Next time I try this run it'll be with my new Forerunner 645 that just came today!  We'll see how things compare.

No comments:

Post a Comment