Monday, March 23, 2020

Sunday Dog Running Service (Week 12 goal update)


 For the second time in a row, the same dog decided to join me on my Sunday run.  1 mile into the run he came out of the woods and started following me and no amount of yelling would dissuade him.

Last week I turned around after a mile and tried to see if he'd go home as I ran past the area that I found him.  This time I just took a shorter loop. The dog followed me for 7 miles total, eventually winding up back at my house, where I forced him into my car and dropped him off again.
I was slightly less annoyed this week as opposed to last week and he actually makes a pretty good running buddy.  Also, I found 5 dollars on the side of the road which I wouldn't have found if I went my planned route (and it wasn't even a poo dollar!!!).

After I dropped him off I went back out for another 5 miles, for a total of 13.

13.16 miles
1:45:27
8:01 pace



__________________________________________________________________________________

I finished off the week with 41.01 miles.  If you asked me right now how many miles I'm running per week I'd say 40. Looking at the year so far I've run 5 weeks with mileage over 40 and 7 weeks with mileage under.  Averaging out the year it comes to 37.33 miles per week.  This isn't quite 40 but it's probably close enough.  I hit my first 40+ week since 2010 in mid December so I'd say the mileage is coming along pretty good.

I'm feeling a lot less fatigue from 40 miles in March then I did in December.  Maybe by May I'll try to hit a couple 50+ mile weeks.  Plan is to build mileage until June and then cut back a bit and hit some harder workouts in June and July in preparation for an August 5K (assuming we're allowed to race by August?!?).

___________________________________________________________________________________

Yearly goal progress:

GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  418.48 for the year (64.7 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 1197 (63 ahead of pace)…  need to be consistent on these but cranked out 70 on Saturday with no issue
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1152  (18 ahead of pace)… back ahead again.  12, 12, 16 @ 155 today

4.  50 hour stationary bike:  13:27 hours... more then a 1/4 of the way to 50 during week 12
5.  Diet:  I think I may have actually gained weight.  Can't stop eating sugar!!!
6.  12500
Steps a day:  644 days and counting... Garmin streak at 17.


No comments:

Post a Comment