Monday, March 16, 2020

Week 11 in review, Covid 19, tales from Vegas, a bear in the woods, running with dog, and Covid 19

I missed posting last week after spending the week in Vegas for work at the Conexpo.  Spent the who week dodging handshakes, ignoring my extremely itchy face, and manically washing my hands.   Covid 19 has turned me into a germaphobe overnight...Got out for just one run while in Vegas.  5 miles up and down the strip at a 8:33 pace.  Nothing like car exhaust and urine to scent a run.  Still glad I got it done.

The Sunday before I left for Vegas was an long interesting run.  13.2 miles at 8'07 pace.  I was averaging 7:45 pace until mile 8.  That's when stomach issues set in.  I ran another couple miles towards home while working my core (clenched buttcheeks) until I finally realized I wasn't going to make it and wound up shitting in a ditch on the side of the road.  Old corn stock leaves do not make for soft TP but I felt a lot better and managed to finish my run at a 8:30 pace... how's that for dedication!

Wound up missing a few days or running due to my Vegas trip so I tried to make it up with a medium hard run on Friday.  5.05 miles at 7:18 pace.  7:24, 7:24, 7:34, 7:24, 6:52.  Struggled at the beginning from being off schedule but settled into a rhythm.  7:18 pace is one of my fastest training runs ever and I wasn't even pushing that hard.

 Another interesting long run on Sunday.  Around 1 mile into my run a golden retriever started following me.  I yelled at him to go home but he just kept following.  I got another 1.5 miles down the road and finally decided to turn around and head back hoping by the time I got to the place where he started following me he'd be tired and head home.  I ran past the spot and he kept following so finally I just ran home.  He followed me home so I put him in my car, drove him to where he started following me, let him out of the car, and drove off.  He had a collar but no tag.  It was out in the country so probably a farm dog.  I hope he got home safe.  He was friendly and a great runner!  Also a nuisance!  After that I drove back home and went back out for another 7 miles (modifying my course so as to not run by the dog again).  12 miles, 8:05 pace.

The river to river relay I was training finally got cancelled on Sunday (along with all other races for the foreseeable future)… Main goal is a 5K in August so I'll refocus on that for now.


Yearly goal progress:


GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  376.31 for the year (52.37 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 1073 (35 ahead of pace)…  These are really starting to feel good.  I can crank em out no problem.  Can't wait to see how easy they are or how many I can do once I get to 5000...  seeing that I have over 1000 now, maybe I'll take a day or two off and then see how many I can crank out at one time
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:  1022       (16 behind pace)… first time I've been behind on this.  Keep adding to my bench though... 3 sets of 12 at 155lbs today plus some other stuff.  This ones easy to catch up on at least
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  12:24 hours haven't missed a week yet and a few minutes here and there on top of my 1 hour ride are slowly adding up
5.  Diet:  Who am I kidding?.
6.  12500
Steps a day:  637 days and counting... stopped using my Fitbit so all my yearly stats are gone.  restarting my count with my Garmin.  Streak is still alive though and loving the Garmin.  I was able to replace my apple watch and Fitbit with one devise and I like it better then both of them.


7. 10 Races this year:  This is looking questionable with many races being cancelled.  Who knows when things will start up again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment