Thursday, March 18, 2021

A day of milestones

Today turned out to be a day of mile stones.

First off, my youngest daughter turned 7. My baby isn't a baby no more :(  She is the sweetest, funniest, coolest little kid and I'm so happy.

Next, I hit 100 pushups in a row this morning.  I hadn't really planned it but after taking Tuesday and Wednesday off I was rested and once I got to 60 I realized I could probably get to 100.  I won't say they were perfect form but good enough.  I can work on my form more, now that I hit my goal.  It was pretty easy except #99 and 100 took some extra umph.  

Lastly, assuming I get 5000 more steps today, I will have hit the 1000 day mark of hitting my step goal.  1000 straight days of 12500+ steps.

Other than that, I got another good workout in this morning.  32 minutes on the bike at over 12 calories a minute followed up by 4 miles on the treadmill in 30 minutes.  Started at 8 min miles and worked down to 7.  Even got a bit of a runners high.

Got a 10K in my sites at the end of May.  Based on my current fitness and 2 months of decent training I'm hoping to break 38 minutes.  Might be a lofty goal but if I continue to build mileage I think it's possible.  If not, I'd be satisfied breaking 40 for the first time too.

No comments:

Post a Comment