Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Beautiful day

The sun was rising and I was out the door by 6 am this morning.  No clouds, no breeze.  Just a nice brisk 32 degrees.  It's funny how in the fall, 40 degrees feels cold but in the spring 32 degrees with sun feels amazing.

Another easy 8 miles today.  I started out in the 8:15 range but then consciously slowed down a bit to the 8:30 range for the middle few miles before picking it up for the last couple miles.  Hit the last mile in 7:30 which included 4 strides/sprints sprinkled in. 

Mostly just good to get a decent run in outside during the week.  I really tried hard to enjoy the run and my surroundings;  the sun rising over the fields and trees and the birds and the fresh air.  Feeling like winter is almost over and pretty soon I'll be outdoor full time.  

My legs are still somewhat wrecked from last week.  My ITB felt tight last Sunday and I've been feeling it ever since.  Not enough to really be of concern yet... just some tightness.  Hoping with some recovery plus stretching and foam rolling it'll pass... I plan on going harder tomorrow so we'll see how that goes...  How hard will depend on how good I feel. 

Final stats:
8.01 miles
1:06:16
8:16 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment