Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Early morning 15K

Woke up early and foam rolled... I really do think it's helping my IT bands.  Then off to the course for an early morning workout.

Had someone to run with this time which was nice.  Started out casual and eased into it with a 7:30 first mile.  Slowly started to pick it up with a 7:16 2nd mile and then 3 7:09's in a row.  I wasn't pushing too hard and feeling okay but was also a little surprised I wasn't feeling a bit better at the pace.  I worked pretty hard over the weekend so I assume that I'm still recovering.  I pulled away from Grant during mile 5 and thought I dropped him... I pretty much just held pace at 7:08 but it was uphill.  I stayed relaxed into mile 6 and Grant caught back up.  then I had to stop for 6 seconds to tie my shoe... rookie move and suddenly I was the one catching up still finishing mile 6 in 6:59.  

Mile 7 was uphill and I was getting tired.  Ran another 7:09 but it felt harder.  At the top of the hill we decided to run the full course for 15K.  Once we settled on this I kind of felt rejuvenated and we started picking up the pace.  Last two miles were 6:44 and 6:38.  It was about as comfortably hard as I would have been able to run.  really a good effort and I was glad to have someone to push me. 

After 3 out of 4 medium to hard days in a row I'll need to take it easy for a couple days.




No comments:

Post a Comment