Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Shorts and a t-shirt

ran outside in shorts and a t-shirt for the first time this year.  I was a bit chilly at the beginning but overall okay.  Hard to know if it's better to be a bit chilly at the beginning of a run or a bit hot at the end?  It was nice to be able to do it anyway. 

8 miles at a medium easy pace of 7:45 per mile.  Did 4 X strides during the last mile at the park. Its been a good week, but daylight savings is about to hit.  Always a bummer to just start to enjoy spring and then get plunged back into darkness... trials and tribulations of an early riser.  I'll probably wind up waking up early and running with the team.

My Garmin VO2 max took a jump up to 57 today.  Partly attributable to the fact that I've been wearing a chest strap HR monitor again recently so my HR data is probably a lot more accurate than the wrist based monitor.  Also, I did the speed workouts.  The speedwork had an almost immediate effect on my Garmin VO2 estimate last year too... not sure if it's due to me getting more fit or if the workouts significantly effect the calculations in their algorithm.  Regardless, it's nice to see the number back up as I get into race week.


No comments:

Post a Comment