Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Hello darkness my old friend and peaking

My Garmin says I'm peaking with a new VO2 Max high of 59 (got up to 58 last summer).  Not sure if I'm peaking... in my mind, I'm just getting started.


One thing is for sure is that I'm feeling really fit just from base mileage and am ready for some serious training.  

Sunday, after the race I went out for a 12 mile run and averaged 7:18 pace with my HR in the mid 140s.  I was pretty much running steady pace... a bit more effort than easy but not much... of course I'm tapered from the race which helped and I had just ran 5:58 pace the day before so 7:18 pace felt pretty easy relatively.

Today, I was back on the treadmill.  After a couple weeks of running outside in the morning, daylight savings time has forced me back inside.  It's kind of a drag, but some easy running on the treadmill isn't all bad.  I have a long season ahead and need to ensure I don't overdo it.  8 miles today on the treadmill at 8:25 pace.  

Next 6 weeks is focused on some longer tempo runs, getting the mileage back into the 50s and to the 60s, and maybe some weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment