Friday, March 5, 2021

Building it up brick by brick

Today was an easy day.  45 minutes on the bike at a good effort, followed by 2 miles on the treadmill at 7:30 pace.  Consistency on the biking, makes the biking less strenuous and way more enjoyable.  Consistency of the running following the biking makes the transition much more natural. I've been averaging over an hour a day of aerobic exercise since November.  The consistency is making a tangible difference in my fitness.  Adding workouts back in seems to be causing a quick payoff as well.

There's a feeling I get when my fitness reaches a certain level.  Where I can sprint in the middle of a longer run and it doesn't even phase me.  Where I can pick up the pace effortlessly and it feels like I'm flying.  I'm starting to get that feeling and it's only March.  

I'm really excited to race a 5K in 8 days.  Not exactly sure what to expect.  I'd like to break 19 minutes but we'll see.  

No comments:

Post a Comment