Monday, August 2, 2021

A day off, a day on, and a shakeout

I intended on putting in a good effort run on Saturday.  I even woke up early to do it.  I even got my running cloths and shoes on.  But as I walked a bit of a warmup, I didn't feel quite right.  Right hamstrings, a bit of a twinge in my Achilles;  nothing major or serious, just some soreness and tightness.  I decided it was time for a day off.  So I went back home and enjoyed some Olympics.  

The day off Saturday, parleyed into a pretty decent long run on Sunday:

16.02 miles
2:03:30
7:42 pace

I ran from home instead of hitting the rock island trail so it was hilly and in the sun.  Weather started in the upper 60s and got into the 70s.  Heat was really starting to effect me by the 14th mile and I wound up stopping at the HS track for a quick gulp of water from the hose.  This was my only real stop (besides on early pee break)... all in all, 1 min 54 seconds of stoppage allegedly.  In spite of the heat I negative split the run though with my last 5 miles:  7:38, 7:40, 7:34, 7:39, 7:21

Today, I went easy with a 4 mile shakeout at 8:07 pace.  

Big track workout planned for tomorrow if I don't get gummed up with travel for work.

2021 Goals Update

Haven't done a goals update in a while...  Oops.  I'm not going to lie.  I've lost some focus on this.  Really just been more focused on my key 5K race with the rest of my attention being on building up to be able to respectably complete a marathon.  That being said, I'm still doing ok, and will still probably make my goals.  May take an extra push at the end of the year on a couple ones.  

I'm enjoying my running fitness right now and actually feel pretty good.  I'm also looking forward to mid-October when I'll take a step back and 

1. 10,000 pushups:  7220 on pace for 12314.  I only did push ups twice in July.  Did 100 today though, set of 40 and then 60.  Saving grace on this is that it's a very low bar goal...  I'm sure I could knock out the rest of the pushups in a week if I really needed to...  On the other hand that's been my weakness as it limits my motivation to actually do them consistently, knowing I'm ahead of pace and can fairly easily catch up.

2. 7500 10,000 pulls ups: 5873 on pace for...   10017...  Just barely ahead of pace on these now, after yo yoing above and below for the last couple months.  It would be nice if I could get a bit ahead so I can take it easier as I ramp up and taper for marathon training.

326 Hours on the Bike:   18:56 for the year... Haven't biked since mid May.  Absolutely no interest.  Much rather run.  I'm sure I'll hit this goal.  Definitely saving this for after my marathon.   

4. 2021 miles: 1484 for the year and on a pace for 2531 .  5th 50+ mile week in a row now.  My record is 8 weeks in a row  in April and May (during which half of those were 60).  Weekly mileage has been a bit suppressed by speedwork.  I've been mixing in some shorter efforts a couple times a week to aid in recovery.   But on the other hand the mileage is being propped up by my long runs which are longer then ever... to sum it up, fast as ever speedwork at the track, long as ever long runs on the weekend, lots of easy runs for the rest of the time.   My goal is to be back in the 60s for the end of August and September.  
  



No comments:

Post a Comment