Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Battling the heat

Starting last Saturday, the weather took a turn for the worse.  It has been incredibly hot and humid.  

Saturday I cut a 10 mile run down to 9.  Sunday I cut my 12 mile run down to 11.5 (after I got an hour and a half in).  My HR hit 170 on that run during mile 11 and I was only running about 8 minute pace.  Tuesday and Wednesday I got out earlier but if anything it felt worse 77 degrees and 100% humidity when I left the house at 6am this morning.

I'm supposed to be tapering for my race this week (which I guess I technically have been) but even with less mileage and slower pace the effort level has been through the roof.  It's supposed to cool down Saturday morning.  Let's hope so... would hate to race a 5K in this awful mugginess.  

I've been averaging just under 8 minute pace for this week... I should probably slow down but there is no easy pace when it sucks so bad.  No amount of slowing down will make me comfortable, so I just been running at the pace my legs want to go and trying to get done as quickly as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment