Thursday, August 5, 2021

Zoning out

Another morning with temps in the low 60s =  another good run today.

7 miles...  8:05, 7:50, 7:44, 7:44, 7:48, 7:35, 7:14 

The whole run felt easy except for the last 1/2 mile when I was pushing it a bit.  HR averaged 140 bpm.  Cadence was at 177 which is high for me for an easy run but my legs were just turning over and I felt like I was floating.

Just after the 5 mile mark, I completely zoned out.  I was thinking about my daughter and next thing I knew I had ticked off about 1.5 miles.  I barely remembered the route I took... and during this period I was running my fastest pace of the run with no intention.  

I think I'd get some pretty stellar runs in if I could do that more often.  Could be really handy on a long run... or a marathon!

Final Stats:

7.27 miles
0:55:53
7:42 pace


No comments:

Post a Comment