Friday, March 18, 2022

74

Was going to run easy today but ran harder than planned.  

Headed straight out the door at 6:30.  I was still dark so I looped through the park.  First mile I felt like I was pushing it but the split was 7:56.  It felt pretty hard for ~8:00 minute pace.  I continued through town on a slight uphill for a half mile before turning and running straight into a hard cold wind for 1 mile.  Split 7:36 for the next mile, 7:31 for a windy/hilly mile 3, and another 7:31 for mile 4.  Effort was fairly uniform but I was getting faster as I loosened up.  The last 2.5 miles were the easiest of the run, with more downhill than up and not too much into the wind.  I split 7:09, 7:05 for mile 5 and 6.  Then actually started to push it on the last .5 mile at a 6:26 pace.  

I finished up the run feeling fairly chipper and refreshed.  I was planning to do some kind of a real workout, so hopefully this run didn't take too much out of me.  I'm at least starting to get my legs to turn over better.  I signed up for another 5K next Saturday so hopefully better weather and results than last week.  Hopefully I can race myself back into shape.

No comments:

Post a Comment