Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Recapturing my speed

 Hit the track today for some more rust busting.  Didn't feel great today... had a hard time sleeping (think that daylight savings time is still having some effect) and stomach wasn't quite right either.  Lets felt okay though.  

I feel like I'm in a bit of a rut right now where my body just doesn't want to go fast.  May just be cumulative fatigue from ramping up mileage or may be a bit of extra weight I'm carrying at the moment.  

I'm hoping it's just a matter of spending a couple weeks reintroducing some higher effort work.  I came into today's session without a clear plan.  I was thinking maybe mile repeats at ~6:15 to 6:20 pace but was worried about my stomach and decided at the last minute to do something shorter and brisker.  

Started with a 1000m in 3:41 (5:55) pace.  Jogged 400m then another 1000m in 3:43.  Jogged 400m, then a 600 in 2:14 (6:00 pace), 200m jog, then 400m in 1:29 (6:00 pace), then jogged home.

Ended up with 6.25 miles at an average of 6:53 for the total effort.  

Overall, I wasn't unhappy with the performance and while it wasn't a ton of volume it was probably a good start for ramping up my efforts and intensity.  I don't think it will take much time to recover from this workout and hope to get another hard effort in on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment