Wednesday, July 10, 2019

2000K more at the track

This was my third track workout. 

2 X 1000 with 400 meter rest between the two.

I ran the first 1000 at 4:07.  The 400 meter rest in about 2 minutes and then the next 1000 in 4:03.   

Then I ran home, finishing the run strong.

Feeling pretty much good now and felt pretty good during the workout although the 1000 pace hurt some.

Some notes:

  • Stretch, foam rolled, wore a compression sock on my left leg to work on a tight calf issue (which I think is also affecting my shin)… seemed to work okay as it didn't really bother me while I was actually running.
  • Not sure if my fitness is to the point where I really should even be doing track workouts at all?  I keep cutting them short... 
  • Probably could have done at least one more 1000 but I'm really trying not to completely over do it while wondering if I'm already overdoing it.
  • Not sure 400 meter jog is enough rest for a 1000?
  • Next week maybe a fartlek?

No comments:

Post a Comment