Thursday, July 11, 2019

EASY BIKE DAY!

Milestone workout on my upright stationary bike today.

I started riding the bike consistently on Feb 26, 2018.  Starting as a benchmark workout and now for easy days, I will use the HR control program on the bike.  This program will run for 30 minutes plus a 3 minute warmup and 5 minute cool down.  During the first 3 minutes it will gradually bring your HR up to target pace (126 BPM for a 40 year old) and for the 30 minutes following it will adjust the intensity level every 15 seconds to maintain a HR of target pace +/- 15 seconds.

My first HR workout was on March 26, 2018.  During this workout I burned 264 calories over the 38 minutes resulting in a 6.95 cal/minute burn rate.  Today I set a new PB by burning 382 calories for a  10.05 cal/min burn rate.  First time over 10 for a HR workout!

Arbitrary for sure but a long time fitness goal for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment