Monday, July 8, 2019

Rest of the "rest" week

Thursday was the 4th of July.  I started out for an easy 3 at 9 mile pace but felt a hamstring twinge at 2.36 miles and stopped there.

My shins had been hurting and I was tired from being up watching fireworks and general sleep deprivation so I took Friday off.

Saturday I still felt the shins so I rode the stationary bike at hard effort for 45 minutes and then finished up with 2 miles in the afternoon heat.

Sunday I was feeling better so after watching USA Women's Soccer take the  World Cup I ran 6.30 miles at 8'28" pace in the summer afternoon...  Wife and kids are out of town for 2 weeks so I then slept all afternoon to recover and felt great.

50 minutes on the Bike this morning.

Right now my legs feel tired but not particularly injured.  Hope to do a recovery run tomorrow and then hit a good workout on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment