Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Back from travel

Spent last week in Virginia for a work trip.

Some running highlights:
  • Hit a mileage high for the week with 28.6 miles.
  • Ran 7 times in a week (one 2 a day with Saturday off)
  • Hit 10 miles on my long run at 8'34" pace and felt pretty good doing it (first double digit effort)
  • Had one quality "fast" workout including a sub 7 minute mile. 
  • Did a 2 miler on the boardwalk of Virginia beach (2nd run of the day)
  • Hit a new step-count high for the week with 141,523
Followed up Sunday's long run with an 1 hour session on my stationary cycle yesterday.  Then 3 easy miles today at 8:43 pace.  Hoping to feel refreshed for a hard workout tomorrow as my 5K training cycle quickly closes.  

Had a couple of dreams the last two days... One on Sunday afternoon during a nap following my long  run I dreamed I was finishing up a marathon with a last lap around a track and that my legs would barely move... last night I dreamed that I had a break away to score a goal in a soccer game and that my legs would barely move... wonder if there's some deeper meaning here or if its just a reflection of my current fatigue level after the increased mileage.



No comments:

Post a Comment