Monday, July 1, 2019

The day after

Yesterday's long run did a number on me.  I was sleepy all day...  Could barely keep my eyes open and took a couple short naps throughout the day.  My thoughts are this is partly due to my increasing training load but also partly due to me being sleep deprived throughout the week.  Having the kids out of school for the summer has thrown off the home schedule with them going to bed later... since I can't sleep in like the rest of the family this winds up resulting in me losing precious sleep hours.

After some sleep I still feel tired today but better than yesterday.  Felt good enough to way up at 5:30 am and get in 1:03:00 (~20 miles) on the bike this morning (Moderate effort).

In terms of aches and pains I'm doing pretty well... my left shin, which has been the most problematic is still sore to the touch but otherwise is not bothering me while running or otherwise.  My left and right ITB can be borderline tight but don't seem significant to worry about right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment