Monday, July 15, 2019

The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad run

Went out on Sunday for my long run and it was not good.

I had gone to a minor league baseball game the night before with a friend and had a few beers (actually like 5 of them).  I might not be a lightweight these days when it comes to stepping on the scale but I guess I am when it comes to drinking.  Wound up staying up past midnight and woke up the next morning feeling like crap... no excuses though so I hit the road at 8am for an 8 miler.

It started out okay... I didn't feel great but I took an easy pace and figured I'd run myself out of the funk:

Mile 1: 8:52
Mile 2: 8:40
Mile 3: 8:50

About mile 3 I started to feel exhausted.  The fact that it was 80 degrees on a humid sunny day wasn't helping.  Probably was a bit dehydrated as well.

Mile 4: 9:04

Really struggling now, but at this point I was 4 miles from home so no choice but to keep going.

Mile 5: 9:13

Got through the 5th mile and at this point I decided I needed to walk.  I walked for about a minute and then started running again...  and then started walking again... Wound up run/walking the last 3 miles.

Mile 6: 9:55
Mile 7: 9:54
Mile 8: 9:51

Got home, sprayed myself down with the hose, and chilled out the rest of the day.

Overall experience, not something I'd like to do all the time but I can take solace in the fact that I finished the workout and will hopefully reap the benefits down the road, on the road,

Final stats:
Distance: 8.07 miles
Time: 1:15:03
Pace: 9:18


No comments:

Post a Comment