Friday, December 13, 2019

Another treadmill fail

Ran 5 miles at slow pace on the treadmill Thursday.

Then today planned to run 7+.  Didn't run too fast, starting at 8:57 pace and working up to 8:00 pace.  Into the 6th mile I bumped up the speed to 7:47 and the treadmill shutoff on me.

Instead of messing with it I headed straight out the door and ran a mile outside in 7:03.

Maintenance plan for the weekend:  Slightly loosen the belt, clean the belt, lube the belt... and hope for the best.

With the 7.27 miles I got in today I wound up with 40.79 for the week.  First 40+ week whoot, whoot.   That's coming off 38.3 from last week.

I'll say one thing about the treadmill... It really helps for keeping the pacing easy.  Despite the increased mileage my legs feel better than they have since I started running again.  Really hoping the treadmill holds together to get me through the winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment