Wednesday, December 11, 2019

TREADMILL WORKOUT FAIL

Woke up this morning with intent of running 3 X 1 Mile @ 6:40 pace with 1/4 mile recovery.

After a 2 mile warmup I bumped up the pace.  The pace felt ok but the belt of the treadmill kept stalling about every 10 steps.  Total pain but I kept at it and made it through the first mile.

After the recovery I started up again but about .65 miles into the 2nd interval the treadmill completely shut off.  Wound up tripping the internal breaker for whatever reason.

After a couple minutes I was able to get everything reset and finished up the workout running 4 X 2 minute hill intervals at 7:30 pace 5% grade with 1 minute 1% grade recoveries.

Seems like the treadmill is a fail for the fast stuff so I'm going to have to stick to slow and steady/hill workouts on the treadmill.  Seems like 7:30 is about the limit unless I can figure out how to tune the treadmill up.

The hill workout was successful though...  really felt the intensity.  was going to do 3 X 2 minutes but decided to push out the 4th one since I was feeling good.  Hard work but I don't think I overdid it.

Overall was able to get in 7 miles at an average pace of 7:48 with ~3 miles of mid-high intensity work mixed in.

No comments:

Post a Comment