Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Going long

Another recent training PB yesterday with a long run of 14.02 miles.

Started out at 8:07 pace... Was running at a 8:15/8:16 near the end of the run and finished with a average pace of 8:10 after pushing mile 13 and 14. Mile 10 and 11 were straight into a strong wind and really tested my mental resolve. Really felt good for the whole run (minus the unpleasantness of the wind).

Unfortunately, my Apple Watch/Nike Run Club app crashed while saving the run data and it was completely lost.  I bought the apple watch because I thought it would be the best platform for GPS/music/podcast for a $200 price-tag.  However, the podcast app is clunky, I've had trouble transferring data between my iPhone and watch, and now it's lost several runs...  In retrospect I should have gotten a Garmin... I was never unhappy with my old forerunner 10 years ago and it seems like the newer models are nothing but improved...  maybe next year!


No comments:

Post a Comment