Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Sick day part 2

The sickness continues...  really didn't want to get out of bed today.  really didn't want to run.  god I hate being sick! ...so I made myself a compromise and ran 4 miles on the treadmill.

Distance:  4.0
Duration: 31:41
Pace: 7:55

After an easy 1st mile I bumped the pace up to 8 min miles for the second mile.  Slowly worked my way down to 7:15 pace during the 3rd mile and then backed off to 7:47 pace for the final mile.

Incline was 1% to 1.5%.  1.5% seems like it feels the best with my stride, achieving the right balance of effort and power to make it feel natural.

Shortest run in about a month.  The effort never felt that hard but at the same time I still really struggle ever getting into a rhythm on the treadmill...  just need to make it a couple more months... *sigh*

On the bright side, the sickness hasn't affect my lungs (at least not yet).  Normally when I get sick it always winds up progressing to my lung and aggravating my exercise induced asthma...  instead, this is my second day in a row where I didn't even use my inhaler before the run.  Running seems to have really strengthened my lungs.


No comments:

Post a Comment