Monday, January 20, 2020

2020: Week 3 in review

44.31 miles over the 3rd week of 2020 brought another new weekly mileage high for the 2nd week in a row.  With back to back 40+ mile weeks I feel way stronger than when I hit near 40 mile weeks in early December.  Resting HR is still sitting at 48 so I'm going to take that as a positive aerobic improvement sign.

I feel pretty great right now.  Some general muscular fatigue here and there but nothing really feels injured.  With 19 days to my half marathon I have one more week of hard training before I start backing it off a bit for a taper.  Hopefully I can make it through the next week to ten days of polishing off my fitness and then start the recovery process so I can be in peak shape for the race.

Started out week 4 off with a bang with my second 2+ hr training run for my Sunday long run.

14.5 miles
2:00:03
8:17 pace

Ran 12 miles on the treadmill in just under 1:39:00... then quickly cancelled the workout and quick-started it to get that last 21 minutes in.  Maybe 20 seconds to get the treadmill stopped and going again.  I was dreading how it would effect me but in the end I barely noticed.  

Felt strong the whole run but could definitely feel the muscles working for the last 15 minutes.

Followed up today with 1 hour on the bike (703 calories).

Yearly goal progress:
GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  117.47 for the year (32.22 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups: 334        (60 ahead of pace)
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:   298   (25 ahead pace)
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  3 hour  (on pace)
5.  Diet:  No junk food January...  day 20.  A couple more slip ups with an ice cream sandwich and a scoop of ice cream and a couple cookies.  Still eating mindfully and have lost some weight (3-5 lbs).  I real success is I haven't done any binge eating...  Hope to weigh under 170 within a month if I can keep this up.
6.  12500 Steps a day:  581 days and counting... 16,828 per day for the year

I'm feeling fit, strong, and the weight is coming off.  Hoping to be fast again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment