Monday, January 6, 2020

Monday housekeeping

Training update:

Did my first Saturday run in quite some time.  Decided that at least for the winter I'd start running on both Saturdays and Sundays so that I could get at least 2 outdoor runs in a week while it's light out.  Longer term the goal will be to work from 5 running days a week to 6 days a week.

Saturday:  Temp was 30 degrees... not too bad but colder than I like.  I knocked out 4.53 miles at a 7:53 pace.  Not sure why but the perceived effort was very high for the pace.  I was really struggling.  I think I just hate the cold!  Hopefully, all this efforts going to add up to some increased mental toughness.

Sunday:  Day was warmer... In the 40s.  Much more manageable and mostly even enjoyable.  Tried to keep the effort easy.  Started at 8:08 pace for the first 2 miles.  Slowed down to 8:18 pace for the next 5 miles.  8:32 pace for miles 8-10.  Then 8:12 and 7:40 for the last 2.

12.27 total miles
1:41:27 duration
8:16 pace

Got tired near the end and had to fight a hellacious wind but held my form and the hips/quads did not cause me much trouble.  Recovered well from the run and am not significantly sore or tired today.  Feeling optimistic that I might have worked past another potential injury and came out the other side unharmed!

Today I got my first hour in on the stationary bike.  Good solid effort of 11+ cals per hour (166 Watts) for 1 hour.
__________________________________________________________________________________

Also, figured I'd start using Monday to review my yearly goal progress.

GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  28.4 for the year (2.8 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups:  146        (64 ahead of pace)
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:   36   (46 behind pace)
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  1 hour  (on pace)
5.  Diet:  No junk food January...  so far so good though its only been 5 days.
6.  12500 Steps a day:  567 days and counting... 15,254 per day for the year

No comments:

Post a Comment