Friday, January 24, 2020

Work week summary

Just got done with 9.5 miles.

1:15:58
8:00 pace

Treadmill run that started off slow and ran the last 3ish miles at 7:30 down to 7:00 pace.

That put me at 44.50 for the week.  A new weekly high on 5 days of running (as opposed to 6).

Probably will take the day off tomorrow to go skiing so that will probably be it of my peak half marathon training.  Just one more long run planned on Sunday and then I'll begin to mildly taper.

Three 40+ miles in a row is breaking new ground for me.  My legs feel pretty good at this point with no injuries so I'm feeling pretty positive.

Plan to step the mileage back a bit and have a relatively easy February with the hope that it will allow for fuller recovery before I really start to hammer it come spring.

In addition to todays run, I also had a good hard Wednesday workout with 8 miles.

1:01:03
7:38 pace

This included 5.5 miles at 7:30 pace and below.

The 7-7:30 pace on a treadmill is feeling pretty good these days.  It's a hard pace that takes some concentration and resolve but I never feel like I absolutely need to slow down or that I'm hurting too bad.  I think the treadmill can be deceiving though... curious if I'd feel the same way on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment