Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Workout Wednesday

Hopefully today wasn't the day that did me in.    My right hip was tight to start the workout and by mile 2 it was really singing.  I contemplated stopping and stretching but I really don't like stopping the treadmill mid-workout (for mostly irrational reasons).  Eventually it stopped nagging me as I picked up the pace but it got super tight after I stopped to the point that I was hobbling around.  Then after some quick icing and stretching it eventually just let loose and now it pretty much feels back to normal.  Hopefully it'll amount to nothing.

Moving on to the workout:

8.02 miles
1:00:01
7:29 pace

Started off at 6.8 MPH (8:49 pace) and bumped up the speed by .1 every 1/4 mile til I got to 9.1 (6:36 pace).  Then slowly eased it back by .1 every 1/4 mile to mile 7 and dropped to ~7.5+ MPH (8:00 pace) for the final mile.

Felt pretty good for the whole run though was definitely pushing it at the peak speed.  HR peaked at about 170 and then crept slowly down in the 160's as I reduced the pace.

I've seen a drastic drop in my fitbit resting HR this week.  Went from the 53-54 BPM range down to 49 the last few days and today 48.  I'm gonna take that as a good sign of fitness gain though I never have full confidence in the wrist based sensors or Fitbit's resting HR algorithm.

No comments:

Post a Comment