Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Workout Wednesday

I hurt myself today, to see if I still feel...  Well, nothing that dramatic, but first hard workout in a while!  (note to self:  add Johnny Cash cover of Hurt to running playlist)

8 miles
1:02:17
7:47 pace

Pretty much a LT/Tempo run on the treadmill.

Started off with 2 easy miles warm up, starting at 8:49 pace and working up to 8:00 pace.

Mile 3 and 4 bumped up the speed .1 MPH every .25 miles.

Mile 5 peaked out held at 7:09 pace and then peaked out at 7:04 pace.  Then started backing it down mile 6 slowly. Was down to 7:30 pace by mile 7 and kept backing it down till I had a 8:00 and below mile 8.

HR hit the 170 range at the heart of the workout and the effort was definitely in the 7-8/10 range.  Tried to stay as relaxed as possible on a treadmill.  Legs felt good the whole run but tired by the end.  Shouldn't be so hard that I can't recover from it, in fact I already feel pretty good a couple hours after.

Due to fatigue, niggles, and strategic mileage/base building I haven't been executing too many workout level runs lately.  After today, I realize that my body has been missing the tempo work.  I still plan to save most of the hard work for the spring once I can get outside again but today served as a great aperitif for the year to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment