Monday, January 13, 2020

Running to the end of the treadmill

First off I wanted to celebrate a new weekly mileage record.  42.53 miles for the week.  I was worried after my hip flexors started bugging me but they seem to have settled on so I'm back to overdoing it again!  26 days til my half marathon which leaves about 2 weeks left of training before I start scaling back for a taper.   Not necessarily targeting a command performance for the half but it's been good motivation to keep me training through the winter and I hope to at least get a confidence boosting performance after my 5K letdown on New Year Eve.

Besides running a mileage high, I also managed to run for 6 days instead of 5.  Something else I'm working on gradually incorporating...  and yesterday I ran to the end of my treadmill.

Turns out my treadmill has a maximum workout limit of 99 minutes (1 hour 39 minutes).  Cold with snow and ice kept my inside for my long run so I decided to max out my treadmill.  

12.16 miles
1:39:00
8'08" pace

Started out slow and kept speeding up the mileage until I peaked at 7:48 pace (7.7 mph).  Ran the last 5 or so miles at 8:00 or below.  Wasn't easy but certainly wasn't hard either and my legs are really starting to adapt to the distance.  I'm barely fatigued at all after my long run at this point and have no issues completing my day.

Yearly goal progress:
GOALS:
1.  1560 miles run:  70.82 for the year (15.4 miles ahead of pace)
2.  5000 Pull ups:  220        (43 ahead of pace)
3.  5000 Pushups/Bench:   135   (42 behind pace)
4.  50 hour stationary bike:  2 hour  (on pace)
5.  Diet:  No junk food January...  day 13.  I've had 2 slip ups in the form of 2 scoops of ice cream on 2 separate occasions.  Overall I've been disciplined and mindful of what I've been eating so overall I still consider myself successful so far.
6.  12500 Steps a day:  574 days and counting... 16,288 per day for the year

No comments:

Post a Comment