Friday, January 3, 2020

Training update and new year goals

Intended to run on new years day but spent all day with the family instead.  Probably not the worst way to start off the new year :).  Never hurts to recover a bit after a race as well.  

Due to my hip pain and my underwhelming 5K performance, I'm throttling back my upcoming half marathon expectations which roughly translates to less mileage but also less chance of overdoing it and getting hurt... that doesn't mean I'm not going to train, just means I'm going to try to continue to be smart!

Thursday I ran 6.25 miles on the treadmill at 8:11 pace... slightly varied pace and incline to keep it as interesting as possible.

Today (Friday) I ran 5.35 miles at 8:23 pace.  Started out a bit rough but actually felt like I found a rhythm eventually.

I'm planning to start running on both Saturdays and Sundays so I can get in 2 outdoor training days during the winter instead of 1 but we'll see.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Goals for 2020:

  • After much debate I settled on a 1560 mileage goal for the year.  That equals 30X52 aka 30 mpw.  My strreeeettttccchhhh goal would be 2020 miles.  I think that's possible but ultimately decided to pick a more conservative goal and not get injured.
  • Also have a couple strength goals for the year
    • 5000 Pulls ups...  I'm going to include all forms of pull ups (plus chin ups) in this to switch it up.  Should be good for the core
    • 5000 Pushups/Bench Presses
  • Stationary bike goal is 50 hours.  The more I run the less I bike but still want to keep cross training while I can...  I guess if I wind up getting hurt running I'll smash this one out of the park (#silverlining)
  • Diet:  
    • No junk food January.  I ultimately still have weight to lose.  I really have an issue with snacking and sweets.  I'm going to at least make it through January without eating junk food or sweets and then go from there.
    • Not sure from there... maybe sweets once a week?  Maybe Mid-night snack free February?...  We'll see how January goes and take it from there.
  • STEPS:  As of today I'm on a 564 day Fitbit step streak* of at least 12500 steps per day.  Plan to continue as is.  


No comments:

Post a Comment