Friday, January 17, 2020

Miles and miles and miles

I've been loving building up the mileage.  Ever since my first marathon training cycle 10 years ago I've been enthralled with the ability to lace up, head out the door, and run non-stop for hours.  Today, I hit a new high for a mid-week medium long run.

9 miles
1:11:36
7'57" pace

Another treadmill run... Started out at 8:49 pace and slowly bumped it up. Ran mile 7 and 8 at 7:30 pace and found the pace hard but sustainable.

Harkening back to the summer, when 8 miles would wipe me out for a day its great to be able to run 9 and then shower up and head to work without feeling overly fatigued.  It's really a marvel how the body adapts.

That 9 put me over 40 miles for the 2nd week in a row.  Still plan on putting a few more miles in tomorrow as well so will probably hit a new weekly mileage high.

No comments:

Post a Comment