Thursday, February 25, 2021

A bit lost for the moment

I came into 2021 on a tear, hitting my highest mileage week and month ever in January.   Then, I officially decided not to race the 1/2 marathon I was training for and I lost some of my edge.  Turned out to be a wise decision because race conditions wound up being awful and I wound up getting my Covid vaccination scheduled for that day. After that, my treadmill broke and it got absolutely freezing outside for a couple weeks.  I wound up running outside in colder weather than I probably ever have done and I also got a lot more time on the bike then typical.  My biking has gotten more intense with the extra work but my mileage has been down, my long runs haven't been over 10 miles for about a month, and I've only ran a handful of workouts.

So now it's getting warmer and I have a 5K scheduled on March 13th so it's time to regroup and refocus... here's my plan for the next 2 weeks:   track workout on Saturday, Mile repeats next Tuesday, hills next Friday... start easing back... short track session on Tuesday the 9th, strides on Thursday the 11th.  Race on the 13th.  That race will be a good gauge of where I'm at and I can start building from there.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Quick fitness update:  

Yesterday I rode the bike for 33 minutes and then ran for 4 miles outside at 8:42 pace (35:00 minutes).

Today, I ran on the treadmill for 9 miles at 8:24 pace.  I started off at 7 mph (8:34 pace) for the first 7 miles but picked it up for the last 2 miles.  Nothing exceptional, just a good solid run.

My workout streak is now at 59 days, with no days off yet in 2021.  


No comments:

Post a Comment