Monday, February 15, 2021

The end is near

Reviewing the weather forecast and it looks like there may be a light starting to shine at the end of the tunnel.  29 degrees on Saturday and 39 on Sunday!  It's a mutha'-fuckin' heat wave!  Can't come soon enough as I'm grasping onto my motivation by the skin of my teeth.




Still, I'm now on 49 days in a row of straight exercise.  Last five days have been over an hour of work.  Most of my workouts have been easy-medium intensity and have been going quite well for the most part.  My biggest issue has been finding the motivation to get started.  I usually talk myself into just doing a 1/2 hour and once I get going I start to feel good and wind up extending the workout more and more.

My treadmill seems to be working better than ever now.  It seemed a bit squeaky after I put the new roller in but that's calmed down after a few uses... I think it might have just been the belt lubricant.

I ran 9 treadmill miles on Saturday om 1:15:16 (8:21 pace), which got me to 30 on the week.   After I finished my run I drove to the health department and got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine!  I'm so happy about that, I've been waiting for 11 months!  The vaccine went okay.  I went shopping afterwards and then drove home.  By the time I got home I was really tired.  I napped for a couple hours.  When I woke up, my shoulder was really sore... by night time it was extremely sore to the point that I had issues finding a comfortable position to sleep.   It was feeling better by the morning but I still felt a little off during my run.  About 7 miles in I started snapping out of it a bit and I actually think the run might have done me some good.  Wound up doing 10 miles in 1:18:16 (7:49 pace).

Today I rode the bike for an hour+.  Again I didn't feel good starting off but once I got 1/2 hour in I just kept going and going and next thing I knew I was at an hour.  

I had a breakthrough performance on the bench press too.  I haven't been pushing myself, just doing 5 sets at 155 on Mondays.  Normally I've had issues getting 5 sets of 10, but today I started with a set of 10, and then 3 sets of 12 and finally a set of 14.  I didn't do any pushups on Saturday or Sunday because of my shot so maybe I was just in a good state of rest.

2021 GOALS PROGRESS UPDATE:

Another Monday, another update

1. 10,000 pushups:  2254/on pace for 17885

2. 7500 pulls ups:  1318/on pace for 10458...  took the weekend off and only did 12 today.  Got to hit these hard tomorrow

3. 26 Hours on the Bike: With another hour on the bike I'm now at 10:41:00 which is way ahead of schedule.  I've been enjoying the bike lately.  I think that fact that most of my running has been easy means I'm not ever getting that fatigued so it's not a big deal to go an hour on the bike on my off day.  This can be cut back to a 1/2 hour as planned if my body needs it.

4. 2021 miles:  300.02... 45 miles ahead of pace now.  Now that my treadmill is back in service the miles are adding up again.  Back to doing 8-10 miles on the treadmill each time out.  So far my knee issue that was bothering me seems to have calmed down.  




No comments:

Post a Comment