Wednesday, February 3, 2021

In transit

Replacement part for my treadmill is in transit.  Meanwhile I've been doing my best to maintain and advance my fitness. 

I've ridden my stationary bike 3 days in a row now in the mornings plus yesterday I ran 5 miles after work.  5 miles is about all I can fit in during the brief window before sunset.  It was cold yesterday, 27 degrees (feels like 19), but not as cold as it's going to be... the cold doesn't particularly bother me but it's not exactly pleasant either.  I feel like my effort is a lot higher when running in the cold as collaborated by my heart rate and I can never really find an "easy" pace, because nothing ever feels comfortable.  A half mile stretch of road between the 2 mile marker and 2.5 mile marker was still covered with snow and ice.  It didn't really slow me down much and I'm getting more accustomed and less fragile about braving the elements.  I'm gonna try to make it through this week at least.  This weekend we're looking at snow with a high of 16 on Saturday and a high of 4 on Sunday so that will be the ultimate test... maybe... or maybe I'll just hit the bike and skip the cold.

Just hoping my treadmill part comes on Monday and that it fixes my issues! 




No comments:

Post a Comment