Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Back in business

The replacement front roller for my treadmill came last night!  It was missing a lock ring but I was able to swap it out from my old one.  Took about 1 1/2 hours to get the new roller in, the drive belt back on, the rear roller installed and adjusted, and reinstallation of all the guards.  Miraculously, I managed to not damage or lose any parts or tools in the process.  

After getting it all back together I was tentative.  I started it up and walked a couple miles to get my 12500 steps in.   So far so good.

This morning it was time for the real test.  After walking for about 10 minutes as a warm up, I bumped it up to 7 mph for my first run on the new roller.  Everything was operating just fine... except for me!  I always struggle to get back on a treadmill after running outside... usually starts out with me running way up in front by the hand grips before I eventually settle in.  After 2.5 miles I decided to bump up the pace to 8 minute miles so I could get the damn run done.  Wound up getting in 5 miles total in 41:08 (8:13 pace).  


No comments:

Post a Comment