Friday, February 19, 2021

Recovery Brick

Decided to start off today on the bike to recover from yesterdays workout.  Just felt like biking.  Wound up doing 36 minutes and burned 11.36 calories per minute in the process.   I've ridden the bike 10 times now in February and it's gotten a lot easier.  I've been varying effort between level "11" and level "12" every minute and that's allowed me to increase intensity while still keeping the effort easy.  

It's funny because last year I got increasingly less motivated to bike as the year progressed.  Also, biking seemed to get harder and harder... the less I did it the less the muscles were adapted for it I guess.  Now that I've been biking more frequently it's getting easier and easier... not sure how long this will last but I wouldn't mind doing a bit more cross-training throughout the year as long as it supplements my running, rather than limits it.  I could see doing some doubles once or twice a week with a 30 minute bike after work.

After the bike session I went up and ran a few miles on the treadmill at 6.8 mph (8:49 pace).  I meant to do 2 miles and ended up doing 3.5 (30:47).  This was super easy with my HR in the 120s.  Very encouraging how easy my easy work is becoming.  

I'm on some streaks now... 9 days in a row of exceeding 1 hour in my workouts.   53 days in a row of exercising without a day off.    

Did 70 straight pushups today as well.  30 warmup pushups, then 70 straight.  I thought this was a record but looking back I did 70 on January 20th.  This time felt easier though, plus I had a day off last time I did it and this time was my 3rd day in a row doing pushups... the goal of course is 100.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment