Wednesday, April 7, 2021

A not so fun run

I pushed myself harder than typical this morning.  8.33 mile at 6:53 average pace on "the course".  Started out with a 7:27 first mile but then hit the rest under 7:00.  Best 4 miles were 6:35, 6:43, 6:46, 6:47... hit 6:52 on mile 5 and 6:47 on mile 7. Pushed it on the hills and really got the heart rate up.  Was in the mid 160s pushing to 170 for the last 4 miles.  By the end of the run I didn't have that extra gear and got dropped by my training partner.  

Final Stats:

8.33 miles
57:23
6:53 pace

The end result was my 3rd fastest run over 8 miles ever, but my most painful run this year.  I wasn't exactly fresh coming off my Master's distance PR of 17 miles and my all time PR of weekly mileage but my legs felt okay.  No real pain and just slight fatigue on the hills.  

Big issue though was the post run stomach pain and cramping.  It's been a while since I experienced that... no Bueno.  Kind of puts a damper on an otherwise good experience.  I haven't dealt with this since last year and almost forgot it's a thing.  It doesn't happen every time but when it does, it really sucks.   I really have to push myself for an sustained amount of time to experience it... but when I do it sucks!

The other big news was that I hit day 100 in a row of work outs:   17 days just on the bike, 75 days just running, and 8 brick days.  105 hours and 33 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment