Friday, April 23, 2021

Today was a good day

8 really easy miles on the road today.  The weather is back to normal and I was able to run at 8:27 average pace while keeping my HR under 130.  I would say this was this easiest 8 miles on the road has ever felt. I'm at 56+ miles on the week with a day to go.  Should set a new weekly mileage record easily tomorrow.  

I've started dabbling with running 7 days a week, and it seems possible.  My one concern is that in my quest for increased mileage I haven't really been getting enough workouts in... I keep telling myself that I'll build the base and then do workouts but I keep opting to continue building the base.  Partly an issue of running by feel and not having a true plan... and with all the mileage I never really "feel" like I should run hard. 

Despite it all, I feel like what I'm doing is working so far so I'll keep at it.  I do plan to run hard tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment