Friday, April 2, 2021

Low HR PR?!?

Is a low HR PR really a thing?  Not sure, but if it is I think I got it.

I ran 7 miles today at a 8:47 pace and averaged 126 on the heart rate.  I don't really remember being under 130 before and certainly not holding it that low for over an hour but I did today.  

It was almost "hard" to run that slow.  I really focused on being relaxed and could actually drop my HR a couple beats with that focus... something I never really worked on before but kind of cool.

My legs feel pretty good now too... might have finally figured out what a recover run is :)

At this point my IT band niggles are pretty much gone and I'm not feeling any real concerns.  My left groin has been a bit tight the last couple days when I start running but doesn't bother me otherwise and seems to loosen up after the first mile.  

We'll see what the weekend has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment