Thursday, May 6, 2021

I did strides!!!

 I know I'm feeling good when I actually do strides.

8 miles today at 8:10 average pace.  Was supposed to be a recovery run today.  I ran easy but faster than my typical recovery run.  My legs felt pretty fresh and my cadence was up a bit as well at 175... I sort of focused on keeping the cadence going but it felt right.  

First 6 miles were closer to 8:15 pace (fastest at 8:06 and slowest at 8:20).  Last two were at 7:53 and 8:00.

I was going to run 7 miles but felt good so I continued to the park and ran 4 X strides in the grass.  got up to max speed and my legs felt great.  I really love the feel in my quads when they are firing at 100%.  I focus on turnover and driving with my knees.  

By IT band and hip flexors are both feeling relatively good.  I haven't really reduced my mileage or intensity so they've either just adapted to the load or were aggravated from some one off mechanics and have healed while training through it.  Nice when 50 mile seems like a down week. 



No comments:

Post a Comment