Friday, May 7, 2021

Stretch it to 9

Another great run today!!!

9.10 miles
1:11:58
7:54 pace

Went out for an easy 7...  Hit the 7 mark at 55+ minutes and figured I'd run a bit more to make it an hour.  Then just kept going, looped through the park, around the lake on the grass, more loops through the neighbor hook and finally had to force myself to stop just after 9 miles due to being squeezed for time before work.

I don't have any frame of reference for my current aerobic conditioning level.  Sometimes I get out there and just feel like I can keep going forever.  The weather is just so nice, and I'm running relaxed and really hit a rhythm.  It's approaching the flow state.  I've hit the flow state before but now it seems like it's happening during multiple runs a week...  this is the main reason I run.  Racing and running fast training sessions is fun but what I really enjoy is long steady efforts at a decent but not strenuous pace... it really just amazes me that the human body is able to handle this.

I'm at 57+ miles for the week now with one more run planned for tomorrow... either a tempo run or some track work...  I know I should really go to the track.  Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and do it...  would be good to get some 6 minute pace stuff going.









No comments:

Post a Comment